Volunteers meet every Wednesday morning and once a month on a Saturday to carry our work in the park and surrounds.
We have run guided bush walks from time to time and our members have given talks to local community groups.
Margi Keys runs Bush Walk and Talk, informative fun walks in North Shore parks, including Centennial Park. Contact Margi through www.kaipatiki.org.nz
There are numerous ongoing projects in the catchment including
- Removal of serious weed trees eg Acmena smithii monkey apple and replanting with native trees or non invasive exotic trees
- Weed removal and replacement areas eg Aberdeen Track, wetland area, 16th tee
- Gradual pine reduction in the main bush area and replanting with native trees
- Park Rise bush restoration
- Campbells Bay Reserve streamside weed removal and planting
- All Hallows Church bush weed removal
- Huntly Rd weed control and planting
- Kowhai Rd restoration area (above golf club workshops)
- Park Rise Bush to Kowhai Rd track construction and maintenance
- Placing rock in erosion prone waterways and riparian planting